Handling multiple ui-media nodes

Hi,

I am using two media nodes with similar configuration. If i click on picture in the output, i am getting payload only from the first media node. Second media node not working or not providing any output. Kindly help.

My flow:
[{"id":"f4c94d63.cf071","type":"tab","label":"Flow 1","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"b0005734.56d998","type":"debug","z":"f4c94d63.cf071","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"payload","targetType":"msg","x":550,"y":160,"wires":},{"id":"b57c31e3.b497c","type":"ui_media","z":"f4c94d63.cf071","group":"9a6b6102.be5dd","name":"media3","width":0,"height":0,"order":0,"category":"Features","file":"EntryLog.png","layout":"expand","showcontrols":false,"loop":false,"onstart":false,"scope":"local","tooltip":"","x":280,"y":120,"wires":[["b0005734.56d998"]]},{"id":"3b76d67c.d9ed9a","type":"ui_media","z":"f4c94d63.cf071","group":"9a6b6102.be5dd","name":"media4","width":0,"height":0,"order":0,"category":"asa","file":"3-btnClick.png","layout":"expand","showcontrols":false,"loop":false,"onstart":false,"scope":"local","tooltip":"","x":280,"y":200,"wires":[["b0005734.56d998"]]},{"id":"9a6b6102.be5dd","type":"ui_group","z":"","name":"image","tab":"ff02c0b4.5e4c8","order":1,"disp":true,"width":"6","collapse":false},{"id":"ff02c0b4.5e4c8","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"Test","icon":"dashboard","disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

Welcome to the forum @dhanasekar.
Please see How to share code or flow json for how to post your flow so it is importable.

Dear Colin,

Thanks for sharing the procedure.

[{"id":"f4c94d63.cf071","type":"tab","label":"Flow 1","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"b0005734.56d998","type":"debug","z":"f4c94d63.cf071","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"payload","targetType":"msg","x":550,"y":160,"wires":[]},{"id":"b57c31e3.b497c","type":"ui_media","z":"f4c94d63.cf071","group":"9a6b6102.be5dd","name":"media3","width":0,"height":0,"order":0,"category":"Features","file":"EntryLog.png","layout":"expand","showcontrols":false,"loop":false,"onstart":false,"scope":"local","tooltip":"","x":280,"y":120,"wires":[["b0005734.56d998"]]},{"id":"3b76d67c.d9ed9a","type":"ui_media","z":"f4c94d63.cf071","group":"9a6b6102.be5dd","name":"media4","width":0,"height":0,"order":0,"category":"asa","file":"3-btnClick.png","layout":"expand","showcontrols":false,"loop":false,"onstart":false,"scope":"local","tooltip":"","x":280,"y":200,"wires":[["b0005734.56d998"]]},{"id":"9a6b6102.be5dd","type":"ui_group","z":"","name":"image","tab":"ff02c0b4.5e4c8","order":1,"disp":true,"width":"6","collapse":false},{"id":"ff02c0b4.5e4c8","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"Test","icon":"dashboard","disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

If you swap remove the one that works does the other one then start working?

@dhanasekar your flow works fine for me once I add an image to each occurance of the node. Did you add a seperate image to each occurance of the node?
What do you have in the Files section of the configuration for both nodes?

yes exactly...
@Colin

If i remove one that works then the other one working fine.
@Colin

@zenofmud

What versions of NR, node.js and the dashboard? (all can be found in the startup log)
what version of the ui-media node (you can find this in Manage palette
What platform/os?

@zenofmud Thanks for your reply.

What browser are you using? can you try a different browser to see what happens with it.
Also, change the debug node to display the complete msg object

@zenofmud
I am using google chrome.

Now i have checked with Mozila firefox.
please see the below image. media node is disabled. but it displays image in output.
still only first media node delivers output.

Wait, did you remove the node? if not what did you do to have them come up in the backend showing unknow?

If so, did you flush your browser caches?

@zenofmud
i haven't remove/ uninstall node.
just opened in firefox browser. it shows unknown.

Now i have checked with Microsoft edge browser. only once it worked fine. both the media nodes provides output. But after refreshing (f5) the browser i am getting blank output in media node.

You should report that as an issue on the repository for the developer. So it gets fixed for everyone.

If you go back and use chrome and go to the backend, are the nodes outlined with dashes or solid blue line your first image?

If they are outlined in red dashes and saying unknown: ui_media then eithor you must have removed the node or you have multiple versions of NR running, one which does not have the node installed.

In chrome, it is showing solid blue line.
@zenofmud

Is there any alternative node to display image and get output while clicking on image.

If you open both browsers side by side and they are both pointing to the same URL and one shows the solid blue and the other shows the dashed red outling with unknown: ui_media than something is very strange.

If that is true then - not being a windows user - this has gone beyond what I can do for you, sorry.

Both browser shows same URL.
Is there any alternate node available for image button.
@zenofmud