Hardware choice for industrial nodered

I can confirm this, I also have 1 Pi running for a couple of years on the same card (running Node-Red [v0.19.1]!)

1 Like

I see the ST-One are using node-RED as a programming tool, is that deployed on the remotes (SD cards), or your central servers?
If on your remotes, (and without upsetting your employers :wink:) are there any node-RED tips that you can share about system resilience?

Tip #1 - buy from ST-One :sunglasses:

1 Like

It depends.
For most of our applications we have a software that generates the flow and send it to hardwares from our management platform, so that we don't need to open each and every ST-One for a simple change. As I said earlier, there is also a plan B, C and D in case we have any problem with that.

1 Like

It all makes sense. Thanks for the info

Sorry to reply late.

We have Sandisk Ultra (not even the Extreme version) running from -20 degree C to 60 degree C year around to collect vibration, strain, temperature and distance data. The data rate is hundreds times higher than yours. We use RPI 3 (not even the RPI Compute module, which is the industrial version). The RPI3 and SD card never had any problems.

As other mentioned, you need to pay attention to the power supply design.
Also make sure that you get the authentic SD card.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.