Heatmap in Worldmap with timestamp conditional

Hi,

I'm using Worldmap (2.15.5) to visualize traffic. To visualize any traffic jam, I would like to use the heatmap function on it. It's really cool. However, I can't find a way to remove drawn points after a specific time.
Where Track-points have a TTL (time to live), the heatmap-colouring remains. So, after a while all heat map areas become really dense.

In general I was thinking(hoping) that it might be possible that when a track-point is removed from the map, the corresponding heatmap-point is removed as well.

The attached image shows some tracks, but also heatmap hotspots of trackpoints that no longer exists.

A similar question (Worldmap/Heatmap with conditionals) was posted earlier but the topic was closed. Therefore I started a new topic.
I hope I'm not the only one with this question, since I really love this Worldmap node.

There is an eraser button bottom right of the heatmap that will clear the map and start again

Hi dceejay,

That's the point. I don't want to start over. I want the oldest points to be removed. Preferabely based on time, but it can also be on a max number of heatmap points based on the tracks for example.
So if nothing happens on the map, the hotspot should eventually fade out.

the underlying library doesn't support that ( see Leaflet.heat/HeatLayer.js at gh-pages · Leaflet/Leaflet.heat · GitHub) - so I guess it could be coded around but not easily that I can think of.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.