Help with errors

I usually run Node-Red (3.1.6) (Node.js 20.11.1) as a service in Windows and so don't see the startup log. Today I had occasion to run from the command line and saw the following;

Unhandled rejection Error: No sockets available, cannot start.
    at SSDP._createSockets (C:\Users\Ian\.node-red\node_modules\node-ssdp\lib\index.js:186:11)
    at SSDP._start (C:\Users\Ian\.node-red\node_modules\node-ssdp\lib\index.js:229:10)
    at C:\Users\Ian\.node-red\node_modules\node-ssdp\lib\server.js:79:10
    at Promise._execute (C:\Users\Ian\.node-red\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\debuggability.js:384:9)
    at Promise._resolveFromExecutor (C:\Users\Ian\.node-red\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:518:18)
    at new Promise (C:\Users\Ian\.node-red\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:103:10)
    at SsdpServer.start (C:\Users\Ian\.node-red\node_modules\node-ssdp\lib\server.js:72:10)
    at new AmazonEchoHubNode (C:\Users\Ian\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-amazon-echo-aller\nodes\amazon-echo-hub.js:19:18)
    at Object.createNode (C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\@node-red\runtime\lib\flows\util.js:182:27)
    at Flow.start (C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\@node-red\runtime\lib\flows\Flow.js:261:54)
    at async Object.start [as startFlows] (C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\@node-red\runtime\lib\flows\index.js:403:17)

Any help in resolving these gratefully accepted.

node-red-contrib-amazon-echo-aller is your issue - a node that does not correctly handle its errors.

It seems node-red-contrib-amazon-echo-aller has not been updated in 3 years, 8 months and the github repository shows it to be a fork of an even older node.

Normally, I would recomend that you contact the author by the repository issues page but that repository has issues disabled.

You may wish to change to one of the more up-to-date alexa nodes (I dont use alexa/amazon products, so cannot recommend any)

In the mean time, you can start node-red on the command line with the --safe flag

1 Like

Thank you. I removed [node-red-contrib-amazon-echo-aller] and the errors have gone. I owe you a coffee :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.