UPDATE to HSS (for existing users)
David (@dynamicdave), Paul (@zenofmud and Walter (@krambriw) are pleased to announce an update to their Home Surveillance System (HSS) project based on Node-RED running on a Raspberry Pi (recommended hardware is... Raspberry Pi-3B or 4B). Here's a link to the original project-thread.
Please note: This update is aimed at existing users who have a system that is up-and-running.
This update offers two enhancements...
(1) Replaces Single File Gallery (SFG) with version 4.11.0 (the latest as of 6th October 2022)
(2) Handles the situation where the username for the Raspberry Pi may be something other than 'pi'
The update affects the HSS Setup SAS and the HSS Housekeeping tabs on the Node-RED flow, so to take advantage of this update you need to...
(1) Import the two json files (as shown on the Downloads page of our website HSS- home ) into your copy of HSS. DO-NOT download the HSS complete flow file as this is specically for NEW users.
(2) Disable the old versions of the two tabs whilst you try out the functionality.
(3) Make a copy of your current config file especially if you are using hss_config_basic_nf.txt or hss_config_sample_nf.txt (as these files will be overwritten with new content).
(4) Click the inject nodes labelled STEP 1 and STEP 2 on the HSS_Setup_SAS-v2 tab
This action will download a new script file called org-sas-v4.sh into your Pi and then execute the bash-script to implement the above changes.
The update should be a fairly automatic process. However, if you do encounter any problems please report them here so a member of the HSS Team can try to sort it out for you.
The HSS Team hope you enjoy using HSS.