Big companies invest heavily in the future if they want to stay big, IBM are expert at that. Small organisations rarely have the funding for that unless they have an idea that attracts investment funding and then they generally have to focus on that idea to the exclusion of other innovation.
That giant organisations such as IBM and Microsoft are now investing in open source is a great change and benefits everyone. UK Government is getting better at this as well (in parts at least), with people like myself promoting the use of open source and open licensing and getting it enshrined in design manuals and standards.
Oh, and don't forget to move the admin (Editor) UI so that the root url is free.
Here are my settings, fully annotated:
/** By default, the Node-RED UI is available at http://localhost:1880/
* The following property can be used to specify a different root path.
* If set to false, this is disabled.
* WARNING: If left unset or set to a path that user paths sit beneath,
* any admin middleware such as the httpAdminMiddleware function
* will also run for those user paths.
* This can have unintended consequences.
httpAdminRoot: process.env.httpAdminRoot || '/red',
/** Some nodes, such as HTTP In, can be used to listen for incoming http requests.
* By default, these are served relative to '/'. The following property
* can be used to specifiy a different root path. If set to false, this is
httpNodeRoot: process.env.httpNodeRoot || '/',
/** The following property can be used in place of 'httpAdminRoot' and 'httpNodeRoot',
* to apply the same root to both parts. Defaults to '/'.
//httpRoot: process.env.httpRoot || '/',
/** When httpAdminRoot is used to move the UI to a different root path, the
* following property can be used to identify a directory of static content
* that should be served at http://localhost:1880/.
httpStatic: process.env.httpStatic || path.join('.', 'public'),