How integrate existing HomeKit accessories?

Hello,

I would like to implement a data logger potentially via node-red. Is there a plug-in allowing to retrieve data from HomeKit accessories like a temperature sensor (from an existing bridge)? The few ones that I found emulate HomeKit accessories via a new bridge, which is not what I’m looking for.

Thanks

You cannot access existing devices (and their data) from homekit. The reason why homekit nodes/homebridge/homebridgetomqtt exist, is to control and "know" the things you are looking for.

Some devices expose a separate API so that you can read the data and control them (like Hue).
What device are you trying to read ?

Thanks for this confirmation. It’s bad news but that’s what I was expecting.

I would like to read from Aqara sensors. I have the Aqara hub v3 which is compatible with HomeKit but has no developer mode (at least so far) allowing to connect to and read from it. The only possibility I see would be to sniff the zigbee protocol via a reader card plugged in my pi and integrate with MQTT.

The only possibility I see would be to sniff the zigbee protocol via a reader card plugged in my pi and integrate with MQTT.

zigbee2mqtt exists for those reasons indeed.

I was just looking at Zigbee2Tasmota as I recently experimented flashing Sonoff basic switches with Tasmota and it works quite well.

I discovered node-red recently and it’s quite powerful and easy at the same time. I had hope it could help to achieve my goal by reading data (or notifications) from HomeKit, las! :sleepy:

zigbee2tasmota looks complicated compared to zigbee2mqtt.

The main thing to replace the aqura hub is to use a zigbee usb stick and use that as the hub, then you can control create/control your own homekit devices.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.