How to add the individual serial output into CSV. file

My project had serval sensors like humidity, temperature, and EC value. I want to store all the data one column by one column in an Excel sheet. I had followed this tutorial: Auto Logger: log data in daily CSV files (flow) - Node-RED.

I want to know if I used serial out, how to do it?

Are you trying to save data from a serial input in excel, or that you want to send data to a serial output from the csv file?

I want to save data from a serial input in excel.

Solve the problem one piece at a time.

Start by using the serial node to get the data. Once you have that going then move on to how to save it in the csv file.

I can use the Serial node to get the data. How to write in function? Most of the examples I saw are saving data one sheet by sheet.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that. What is a sheet in this context?
If you use a File Write node to write to the csv file you can tell it to append to the current file so you can add one line at a time.

I can add lines, but I want to add multiple columns of different sensors.

I am not sure exactly what you mean. Is it that the sensor values are arriving in separate messages and actually what you are asking is how to join messages from different sources into one message so you can add data for all the sensors in one record? If so then see this article in the cookbook for an example of how to join messages into one object.

Import it, look at the help text for the Join node and make sure you understand how the flow works. Then you should be able to use it for what you want.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.