How to link node red to Adlink USB-2405

I have a ubuntu with node-red and a ADlink usb2405 DAQ with acoustic sensor , Would like to know how to configure them and how to have the node red talk with the ADlink USB-2405 device so i could detect sound waves and convert them into data which I could know what frequency is the sound for each sound in the environment.

I am NEW to NODE RED and ADLINK 0 knowledge ......hopefully could get your guidance for me to start this project or throughout the project .

Thanks in advance ya :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum @LimSmoKe91

There don't seem to any relevant nodes or flows on flows.nodered.org and google for the part and node red doesn't bring up anything that looks useful either.

You will need to do two things. Firstly to learn about node red, I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour.

Secondly you will need to investigate the software interface to the device to see how you can communicate with it from node red. Perhaps they provide sample Python code that could be used to communicate with it, for example.

1 Like

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the reply , yes I did watch the youtube before I started this Node Red project. I did some demo on how does the node red works , and the flow is okay.

Currently , I would like to use the node red to talk the ADLINK usb2405 DAQ Acoustic sensor , Which i had tried without NODE RED is able to work but we could not read the data . But on node red I do not know how it could link to the ADLINK usb2405 DAQ Acoustic sensor which is connected using USB port

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.