How to set up the address format using Mitsubishi MC Protocol Read Node?

I'm using Mitsubishi MC Protocol Read Node and successfuly connected to a mitsubishi Q series PLC,but I'm a little confused about the address format of the mcread node:when the address is "DFLOAT900",I can get the correct data,but when i change the address to "D900,2" AND use the buffer parser node ,i can not get the right data,detail is shown on the picture below,any help would be appreciated

That is interesting (and I wrote both nodes!)

Can you do the following:

1. Request DUINT900,2

1. send result to a debug node set to show Complete Message
    2. Copy the FULL msg object using the Copy Value button that pops up when you hover over the message in the debug panel
  2. Request DWORD900,2

1. send result to a debug node set to show Complete Message
    2. Copy the FULL msg object using the Copy Value button that pops up when you hover over the message in the debug panel
  3. Show me what value are in the PLC registers (1WORD/16bit hexadecimal view)

What I do forget is how Mitsi packs floats into the DWORD - I have a distant memory of them being NOT ieee 754 compliant

Thanks for your quick reply
Request DUINT900,2and Request DWORD900,2 have the same result which is:

[49316,17494]

about the 3thd one ,since I'm not familiar with PLC registers and I can not show you what the hexadecimal view,any suggestion?

Those numbers are NOT the same as last time.

Those numbers make sense!

Swap 16 does the trick! can u explain a little bit ? Thanks again for your anwser! Appreciate it!

IIRC, Mitsubishi PLCs are Big Endian (but it doesnt really matter which endian they are TBH) its just that the computer you are reading data on is different endianess so the data has to be byte-swapped before the conversion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.