I am not able to upload data to Thingspeak

When i requested for data from Thingspeak using http, there was this error. Hence, i started everything again and upload data to Thingspeak to see what is the issue. i am not able to upload to thingspeak. Can anyone help me out?

Do you have a dns server configured on the device you are running node-red on ?

how does configuring dns server on the device i am using solve the problem?

You need to have a dns server configured else it does not know where to go.

You mean it must have a DNS entry, (not running a server). Usually on a pi this is automatically set in /etc/reso!v.conf. . if you can't ping api.thingspeak.com try setting it to 1.1.1.1 (the public cloudflare DNS server)

do i ping api.thingspeak.com from the raspberry pi terminal?

if that is the machine that needs to talk to thingspeak yes...

so if im not able to ping to thingspeak, i need to have a DNS server like setting the DNS server of my raspberry pi to 1.1.1.1?

As I suggested - try editing the /etc/resolv.conf file to point at 1.1.1.1
and retry ping.
If not then yes you need to work out why your device is not connecting to the internet correctly.

1 Like

Can you ping 8.8.8.8? If not then you have no internet connection, or it is blocking some addresses.
If you can then can you ping google.com?
If not then you have a DNS problem of some sort (or google is being blocked).

I cannot ping api.thingspeak.com either. (nor thingspeak.com), nslookup does return ip.

so I guess their server is down... or maybe they block ping.

i think that that is the problem. As i had slow internet, probably that is why there is an error message. Thanks for suggesting to configure the DNS server and other response!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.