Ideas about solar production forecasting

Hi JL,

It works very well indeed, and I am very happy with it!

All the major logic is done with NR, some of the Sonoffs are custom one offs I set up with ArduinoIDE, but most, by far, are Tasmota'd... The ones that I went to IDE I cant exactly remember, except for one near my mail server on the top floor of my house, that is hooked to a 433mhz receiver, reading Keeloq encoded remote control keyfobs for security and other lighting...

I hope Bart is enjoying the chat, hopefully I'm not hijacking his thread!!

Nope, I am using the powR2's at plugpoints, the only "roof" access that is needed is for the micro panel, which has a piece of "twin-flex" feeding down to a Sonoff Basic that is doing the a/d work and sending it out via mqtt..

WiFi access here is a nightmare - I have some "high security" steel lined workshops that have their own access points, but the property is BIG (by my estimates anyway)... The wifi is covered by a total of 10 DLink AP units plus another 2 or 3 WIFI/Cell internet Routers - This spans an outdoor total area of around 400m x 300m, or around 120 000 m sq (There is still another km or so of land that we have that is used by our paintball range....

Strangely enough, the worst AP reception is internal to the main house, the original builders around 80 years ago, cast the internal walls using concrete with what looks like charcoal as a filler - I live in an attractive Faraday cage!!

There is only one of the 10 AP's that is close to external, and that is just inside the metal shell of a secure area, with an external directional antenna linking it to the main house - This is around a 250m link or so...

Interestingly, the long haul AP, while nicely insulated itself from the direct solar heat proper, suffers most when we have heat waves - I ping them all every few minutes and raise an alert if a response is skipped - Mr Long Haul loves mist and rain, but his signals don't do well in the heat for some reason... One day I'll get off my butt and do something about it!!

Another unit that messes about, strangely enough, is the Sonoff Basic that controls my diesel Auto-Start Generator - It is literally 6ft from an AP(Another thing I must check out when I get a chance, mutter, mutter...) - My gennie is controlled by NR with the Sonoff Basic hardware hacked to a cold contact relay, so that the gennie will only come on when there is no mains power and the SOC/Voltage of the inverter batteries reaches a pre-configured level.. When that level is reached, NR tells the Genset to start, switches the inverter to "mains charging" and eco mode, once a safe charge level is reached, NR then shuts down the gennie and flips the inverter back to battery mode...

(Ignore the Current/Wattage values, I am playing with something)

No user intervention required (I told you I was a lazy bugger...LOL)

Regds
Ed

Edit: Sun/Cloud is a bit ragged today - here you can see the Hot water element stepping through various loads as solar comes and goes(Blue is harvest, Red Foreground is Element power read via a SonoffPowR2, Red background is total draw on the inverter):

1 Like