I'm looking for help with my project

Hello everyone. I am an inexperienced boy in node red and I created a led on / off project. I succeeded, without problems, in finishing it. Now I would like to add a timer visible in the interface and manageable by the user who can choose when to turn on and off their own LED. Can anyone help me in practice? my flow is "d06a0db6.3db22"

Moved to #general as not about development of Nod-RED core

Welcome to the Node-RED forum your flow is "d06a0db6.3db22" as it sits on the machine where you are running node-red.

You can export your flow and paste it here for others to look at if you wish.

Otherwise do you mean you want to add timer controls to the dashboard?

Hello. The mentioned flow is just a simple on / off LED, it is not important.I would like to add the visible timer to my flow interface

So what have you tried?

You can install node-red-dashboard

have you looked at flows.nodered.org for flows you can copy into Node-RED?

maybe I didn't explain myself. I have my working on / off LED. Now I would like to add a timer, it's a new project. A timer that the user can program to turn the LED off and on when you want.I tried several nodes but without success. I'm looking for help

What does this mean?

I was wrong, I wanted to share my flow

Start with the inject node.
You can set one to be “On”
and set another to be “Off”

Then link them into the flow you already have but haven’t shared.

This sounds like a school/college project?

As has been asked, what have you tried? Think about what you are asking of the user - how do you express that using Dashboard? What nodes might you use then on the Node-RED side that will run a timed countdown?

1 Like

It does doesn't it.

So based on your comments so far I have to assume you're struggling.

I'm gonna link you to a flow you can import and by changing just a couple of things, you'll have a dashboard (web) based means of setting timers (schedules) you can use to control your LED.

however, I'm not gonna do it for you. Sorry.

Try this...
https://flows.nodered.org/flow/79a66966a6cc655a827872a4af794b94

Well, you've already been kinder that I was going to be :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think the teacher should block access to the forum. :grin: After all, he should be able to help his students with such problems if he uses Node-RED for education.

However, 10/10 to students smart enough to come to the source of information :rofl:

No school project whatsoever. I'm a young guy who wants to try his hand at this new world and I want to learn. I asked for help precisely for this, to learn from what you experts advised me. That said, thank you for your help and for your stupid comments

@fralac I'm sorry for the response you got. There was no need for the pile-on you received before you had a chance to respond to the question. I would kindly remind everyone who did join in the thread that we are a welcoming community, and we should not jump to assumptions about anyone who comes here looking for help.

To get back to the subject at hand, then it may help if you explain a bit more about where you have got to so far. If you are able to share a screenshot, or export your flow and share it, that would help us understand what point you are at.

As has been suggested to you, Node-RED Dashboard provides a way to create a webpage with any UI element you want on it, that can be controlled by the flows in node-red. From the description you've given so far, that would sound like the thing you could look at.

1 Like

Thank you very much. For now my dashboard is as follows:

[{"id":"ba018b40.bba298","type":"ui_chart","z":"601fe826.024bb8","name":"","group":"9aebd01c.3a334","order":2,"width":0,"height":0,"label":"Informazione sui relè","chartType":"line","legend":"false","xformat":"HH:mm:ss","interpolate":"linear","nodata":"","dot":true,"ymin":"0","ymax":"1","removeOlder":1,"removeOlderPoints":"","removeOlderUnit":"1","cutout":0,"useOneColor":false,"colors":["#ff0000","#ff0000","#ff0000","#ff0000","#ff0000","#ff0000","#ff0000","#ff0000","#ff0000"],"useOldStyle":false,"outputs":1,"x":428.5,"y":75,"wires":[["445e503d.5868c"]]},{"id":"9aebd01c.3a334","type":"ui_group","z":"","name":"LED Control","tab":"8af75e0d.f1a08","disp":true,"width":"6","collapse":false},{"id":"8af75e0d.f1a08","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"Controllo remoto del relè","icon":"dashboard","disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

Excuse me for the language in the dashboard but I'm an Italian guy, I hope it's clear.
Now I wish I could add this timer that was shared to me by Steve. Once I've added it, it's like, "Error: Input not a JSON Array." How can I fix it?
I would like to faithfully copy the dashboard shared by Steve. How can I do this after i resolve the error?

Unfortunately your flow is not importable. Please read this and then go back and edit your post so we can import it.

Fixed it for him. (to save time and stress all round)

All you have in your flow is a chart. If you are using Steve's flow, whee are you puttng the graph?

Tutto quello che hai nel tuo flusso è un grafico. Se stai usando il flusso di Steve, dove stai mettendo il grafico?

This is my dashboard that turns the LED on and off