IP MC Read in flow 1 and 2 cannot be different

why is the MC Read node in the red node in flow 1 and 2 when one of the MC Reads in flow 1 is changed IP why does the MC Read in flow 2 also change. How to make the IP in MC Read in flow 1 and flow 2 can be different?

I have no idea what an MC Read node is, but usually this sort of question relates to something that has a config node for setting up, in this case, the IP. In that case, when adding a second IP it is necessary to select Add New whatever and set the second one up there. In the MQTT nodes, for example, you will see

Clicking on the down arrow drops down a list of configured servers, and at the bottom is Add New MQTT Broker. There may be something similar in the node you are using.

If it is not that then tell us which node you have installed (node-red-contrib-something possibly) so we can look at it.

Colin is right. Look at the config selection - there is a 2nd entry labelled "Add new ..." - chose that and create a 2nd config for the other PLC.

Colin, "MC read" is a node from the Mitsubishi PLC MC Protocol nodes

@Sobri this ↑ kind of information is useful when asking questions about non-core contrib nodes.

MC Read is a node of Mitsubishi PLC, so when I enter an IP in MC Read in flow 1, the MC Read in flow 2 will also change. I want each flow to have a different PLC because I will connect many PLCs to node red with different IPs.

so when I enter an IP in MC Read in flow 1, the MC Read in flow 2 will also change. I want each flow to have a different PLC because I will connect many PLCs to node red with different IPs.

As already stated twice now, look at the config drop down. This is in the MC Read node.

You will see an entry in the drop down that says "add new ...". Select that and add as many configs as required.

Then once you have added more config nodes, you can select the config desired for each MC Read.

okay, I'll try it now

well yes it can be this way, thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.