Is it possible to use the `mdi` icons in a `text` node?

Thanks Paul, but that's where I am out of my depth.

A while back I was pointed to use this new breed of icons (Here))

And they work. But I have no idea how.

I added the two lines required to make them usable:

<script src="https://code.iconify.design/1/1.0.7/iconify.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://fonts.google.com/icons"></script>

But then it is just beyond me.

It works fine if I just have an on/off icon. That's fine. But if the machine is off line I bring the ban icon into things and the wheels fall off.

Originally I was told to use the switch (GUI) node and set the two icons for the on/off state there - and that works.

But as I have since realised with wanting to add the third state (of off-line) it doesn't work.

The switch node doesn't have a third state and so I have to use the text node.

If you read the other thread (towards the bottom) I get stuck with getting this new icon to spin.
(Scroll to post 33 in that thread)

I was being a good boy scout and constructing the commands using the new icon's theme.
But it was pointed out that it is covered by the FA (font awesome) icon qualifiers and so I use fa-spin to spin it, even though it technically isn't their icon.
(That is way WAY above me in understanding how it works.)

I put the fa-spin and it spins.

So I'm stuck on how to use this new set of icons in a text node rather than a switch node.

This is from where I believe I am getting the icon:
search for fan

And I get the icon.

Considering I have it sort of working, I seem to be missing something about how to make it more generic with its use, so I can use it like the font awesome and material design icons.

At least they have a bit more understandable page on how to use them.
This is all I can see on how to use this new type.

And it is very different to the two lines I posted at the start to get them usable.

So again I am out of my depth in being able to make sense of the instructions.