Is there any way to force a Zigbee device to report over MQTT

I have access via SSH, but normally I don't need it.
This MQTT Explorer is also very nice. THX for the hint.
When I look at the MQTT Explorer, I can see that the most values are not retained.
I found a command for Tasmota Sensor "SensorRetain"
So I will try if this is working.

@markost
I am not sure if the state Reachable true says what we think.
I testet a Temp sensor witch is not reporting for round about 3 Days, I think it is out of Range because a new connection failed a few times and in the Zigbee Map there is no wire between the sensor and the bridge.
When I try the ZBStatus3 on the sensor, it says always Reachable true, but it do not report.

What sensor you have? If you reboot Z2T and send command Reachable is true or false?

This was the result I testet around midday. The last seen Value very high, as you can see.

12:23:40 MQT: stat/tasmota_zigbee-1/RESULT = {"ZbStatus3":
[{"Device":"0x4DC8","Name":"ZTempKinderzimmer","IEEEAddr":"0x00124B00226AE41D",
"ModelId":"TH01","Manufacturer":"eWeLink","Endpoints":[1],"Config":["T01"],"Temperature":15.49,"Humidity":65.99,"Reachable":true,
"BatteryPercentage":100,"LastSeen":67139,"LastSeenEpoch":1611679481,"LinkQuality":0}]}

It is a Sonoff SNZB Device

I tested the following:
-Aqara sensor connected to Z2T, sends data correctly ...
-to the ZBStatus3 command, returns the data value, however the state "Reachable": true remains unchanged even if the battery is removed from the sensor!
Of course, the data then are not instantaneous but last recorded.

The only information that could be used as an indication that the sensor is alive is "LastSeen": xx (seconds).

Hey again,

I think I can solve the Problem with the Option "SensorRetain 1" on the Tasmota Zigbee Device.

THX to all of you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.