Log MQTT to MySQL

Do you know which folder is your "userDir"? It is normally ~/.node-red. Check in that folder to see if you have a package-lock.json and delete that if you do. That is also the folder that you need to use to install packages manually using npm.

The fix was to regress back to a known good version of uibuilder. However, that isn't relevant here. This was a different issue that I was able to reproduce and is fixed by installing v3.0.3 of node-red-contrib-moment. When I tried doing that, I had an issue which I resolved by deleting the package-lock file (which regularly seems to cause issues according to the various blogs and forums) and deleting the whole ~/.node-red/node_modules folder then doing npm install from the ~/.node-red folder.

Heres my mysql setup at home. Have had to use phpmyadmin as workbench will not install.

The mysql question was what is the type of the timestamp column in the database on each system? That depends on how you created the table in the first place.

Hello!

Sorry, I'm late to the party here. (Latched on this thread via the summary that was sent to me since I had not logged on for a while)

My basic suggestion is to let MySQL generate the value for the timestamp column (if it works for you). Then retrieve the value and adjust your code accordingly. The suggestion may appear to be impractical because every millisecond may matter for your projects. But that was my approach until I had a handle on timestamp data exchange formats between MariaDB and LibreOffice apps.

Kind regards.

Thanks baqwas, I got it working using the moment node, and also started playing with influxdb. It's been a steep learning curve, very much helped by all you guys.

Thanks
Laurie

1 Like