Made a real ballsup, broke my NR

Hi All,
HW:pi
NR version: v0.20.5

I was doing a new install on pi to boot on usb stick instead of sd card. Successfully installed, I was going to test it out for a few days before transferring it to a usb ssd and have pi boot from the ssd.
I was playing with it for a few days and added several tabs and flows all going good, oled, broadlink, wemo, etc all working good...
Until I made a real a balls up! I was mucking with the ds18b20 node and set the period (sec) to 0 and when I hit deploy the session just locked up.
This is the setup for the ds18b20 taken from another pi with correct setting.

ds18b20

I rebooted the pi and now all my flows and tabs on NR is gone (3 days work)!
And no, I do not have any backup...
I presume that NR was tied up in a infinite loop of some sort and on reboot recovered somehow deleting all the flows and tabs to clear the infinite loop (a clever strategy on developers part, perhaps?).

Before i do further damage is there a way to recover the tabs and flows?
Thanks,
Ken
ps lesson, always back up all flows

0 Likes

Why would your flows be gone ?

node-red-stop
node-red --safe

Your flows will not run and you should be able to make changes.

Look at the flows files in:
cd ~/.node-red

0 Likes

The chances are that on reboot your pi picked up a new name and therefore started a new flow file. But you old flows file will still be in you .node-red directory.

You can start up node red specifying which flow file to use which would stop this happening in the future. How to specify the.file is in the documentation

0 Likes

Hi ukmoose,
Thanks for the tips, listed all the flows file:

I take it that the flow is in flows_raspberrypi.json, what are the flows_raspberrypi_cred.json?

0 Likes

The flows_{name}_ cred . json file contains the encrypted credentials

0 Likes

so the .backup files are the previous versions... so a one level back version. ie we save existing to the backup - then write the latest. So one or the other version should contain most of your work.

0 Likes