Maps and putting location information on it

Putting aside the dashboard for now I am more interested in the mechanics of getting it working. So I put it under general help rather than dashboard at this stage/point.

I receive a message with Lat/Long/Alt (Altitude optional) and it opens a map and puts a marker on the map at that location.

I've never used this part of Node-red so I won't use any reserved words like MAP, as that may have another meaning in the maths world.

Someone - please?

What is the actual question?.... If you have a msg with {payload:{name:"Trying",lat:-25,lon:-133}} then it will just plot it on the node-red-contrib-web-worldmap... see the sidebar help and then the readme for lots more info.

(maybe it wasn't)

This is a whole new Can of worms I am opening.

I'm looking for suggestions on which nodes I need and how to do it.
It isn't I'm being lazy, but it is just 100% unknown and there are a lot of nodes.

If someone knows a good node/set that can do what I need, that is a start.

Thanks for the suggestion of that node.

That node is what you need for 95% of it :-)... there is also a geofence node that may be useful and there are some other for converting units and stuff - but start with worldmap - look at the examples with it and the readme - and go from there.

1 Like

(I'm stupid - that's a given)

I've loaded a couple of example scripts.

None have a GUI node.... Just the red coloured one.

So how/where am I supposed to see/get to the map?

I read this {httpRoot}/worldmap

So in my case would it be:
192.668.0.6/worldmap

Not working. :frowning:

As per the sidebar help

As per the sidebar info

Your {httpRoot} is more likely to be http://192.168.0.6:1880 so try http://192.168.0.6:1880/worldmap

Sorry... As I said, it is a whole new can of worms.

Something is now happening.

(Sorry, still stuck.)

This is the flow:

[{"id":"f77a7ed4.f955d","type":"function","z":"f7d630bfc1b2f259","name":"Add person to map","func":"var thing = {\n    name:\"Me\", \n    lat: -33.8688,\n    lon: -151.2093,\n    icon:\"car\",\n    iconColor:\"darkred\",\n    extrainfo:\"Hello to Jason Isaacs\"\n};\nmsg.payload = thing;\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":[],"x":350,"y":120,"wires":[["f83930ff.b21488"]]},{"id":"ec9da974.051b48","type":"inject","z":"f7d630bfc1b2f259","name":"","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"str","x":160,"y":120,"wires":[["f77a7ed4.f955d"]]},{"id":"f83930ff.b21488","type":"worldmap","z":"f7d630bfc1b2f259","name":"","lat":"33.8688","lon":"151.2093","zoom":"","layer":"OSMG","cluster":"","maxage":"30","usermenu":"show","layers":"show","panit":"false","panlock":"false","zoomlock":"false","hiderightclick":"false","coords":"none","showgrid":"false","allowFileDrop":"false","path":"/worldmap","overlist":"DR,CO,RA,DN,HM","maplist":"OSMG,OSMC,EsriC,EsriS,EsriT,EsriO,EsriDG,NatGeo,UKOS,OpTop","mapname":"","mapurl":"","mapopt":"","mapwms":false,"x":590,"y":120,"wires":[]}]

And this is what I see on the screen.

Seems I am still missing something.

SORRY!

I had a - in the long value too.

Working.

(Sorry, should I start a new thread, or ask you via github)

I see confusion with some of the settings.

That there is an overall timeout value for the icons is slightly confusing.

How can I put icons there that are permanent?
Others I'm not worried about.
But some need to be there all the time.

0 = infinite

I think that may cause a certain amount of consternation amongst those working in the field of mathematics.

1 Like

Ok. Think of it as 0 = no timeout. ( rather than a timeout of 0s. )

Yes, ok, but.....

That is a/the GLOBAL value for ALL.

Ok what I am asking may be out of scope, but this can (tin - or worms) has only just been opened.

Some/certain things may need to be persistent and others have a timeout.
Still exploring.

Have you actually read the readme yet? Read the section on the basic parameters. Eg ttl

Sorry, my comment was a lame attempt at jocularity rather than a serious comment.

No worries. Just trying to keep it clear for OP.

@dceejay .... Ok, but I hadn't seen that and equated it in that exact way.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.