MQTT in node: subscription to array of topics with MQTT wildcards

Hello,
According to the documentation of the MQTT in node, the subscription can be an array of strings. So something like [ "abcd/#" , "defg/#" ] as a subscription should be valid.
However if any topic include an MQTT wildcard # or + within an array I have the "you've done something wrong" red triangle on the node.
If I use the dynamic subscription and push the same array using msg.topic (with the action being subscribe) everyone is happy.
Any reason why I can't have such an array directly in the node?
Thanks!!

In the help text it says under dynamic subscription

Inputs

These only apply when the node has been configured for dynamic subscriptions.

So i would read that as you can use an array of string for dynamic subscriptions only.

I get your point the array is described in the dynamic section. So, maybe, that is the intention for the "static" configuration to accept only a single topic...
However, an array without wildcards in the "topic" field works.
So, it is a bit of both :slight_smile:
Array in static works, but no wildcard.

That is not doing what you think.

No, the static input is a single string topic. It is not parsed to be an array or anything except a string. WYSTIWTBITTST (What You Subscribe To Is What The Broker Is Told To Subscribe To)

The reason [ "abcd/#" , "defg/#" ] is shown as invalid is because # must be the last item in a topic path.

So in my example, it is in fact listening to a topic including the opening [ and the closing ] altogether and consider this "array" as one string?

That is correct. you are subscribing to exactly 1 topic - the topic you entered whether that includessquare brackets, commas or not

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.