this machine: 192.168.0.6 NUC Ubuntu
Well, all being good, I see the RPI's processor load via NR on this machine.
Yesterday while trying to update NR, the RPI decided to spit the dummy. Though I had updated another 3 RPIs successfully with the same command.
After the update I couldn't get the NR page. So I can't get the processor load.
I can SSH into it and poke about but I don't know the command to see/show the processor load.
I started a VNC to allow me to see the desktop of the RPI. It was/is running at 100% load.
I accept that it takes a couple of minutes after boot before NR becomes available.
It was still at 100% 10 minutes later.
(Though now I see there is a problem I see if using --safe, but I'll get to that)
My home network is a bit hap-hazard just now. Which is annoying for me too, but not a direct cause of the problem. This morning I just spent an hour getting the main modem back up and working.
So I SSH into it and stop NR (on the RPI).
Processor load goes to abut 8%. (See via VNC)
I was hoping that I could log in with VNC, open a CLI and let it get on with its business overnight.
Doing it that way I thought would be better, as if I SSH to it and then turn off THIS machine, the command dies.
VNC allows me to open a CLI and do a command then shut down the VNC..... I may be wrong.
But the Gods were against me last night, and after 18+ hours of being awake, I wasn't too good for that sort of stuff.
I shut it all down and left it for today.
Alas (going back to what I just said) I have since lost an hour (or more) to getting the main internet modem working. The internet modem is going up and down "like a bride's panties on her honeymoon" - I think is the expression.
That is also killing me posting here and having internet (in general) access.
IP.of.machine.runningNR:1880 not working. It just sits there. Page won't load - if node-red is running "normal" mode.
Starting NR in safe mode I see the screen, but that's about it.
All nodes are visible, and all that stuff.
If I modify anything - saying that because I need to change something to then allow me to deploy the flows.
Remember: The flows - as they are - were working before the update.
Pressing deploy it just shoots to 100% processor load and after about.... (a good while) .....
it spits out the error I showed at the bottom of the previous post.
I'm stuck what to do.