New SCADA ui nodes

I think for many smithtek would be unknown org but they have been doing hard work with Node-RED in the hash landscape of Australia! I will be checking this good to see a drag and drop SCADA option at last.

I would assume harsh landscape?

You've obviously not been to Oz! :rofl:

Certainly both (harsh and the other one) can be true at once here. However they are based in my home city and I've not heard of them. I need to get out more. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

We are south of the river Bob :slight_smile:

Apologies for the examples not working, will look into that on future updates. There will be a few tweaks on the DB also.

Hi Dave, did you get it to work? if not will check it out.

Just had a quick go at getting "Aye Eye" to document my first attempt at using 3DM Canvas.
I have restricted it to a "Quick Start Guide" - using a very simple payload and canvas layout.

3DM_SCADA_Canvas_Node_RED_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf (44.9 KB)

Note: At the moment, the links to reference documents in the PDF are mangled (don't work).

Me too mate. Any where near Rockingham?

Their contact us page on their website does indeed say Rockingham :slight_smile:

Just been trying different layouts to match the sensors located in my house/garage/greenhouse.


Although it is very easy to construct a flexible layout, I could be more productive if a group of elements could be grouped then moved (or even copied or deleted) as an entity. Just an observation for a great piece of software. The jump between pages works really well and allows me to drill-down and show further details for my various ESP-NOW nodes. Thanks for sharing.

It is indeed a small world. Rockingham is "semi-industrial" but with a really nice beach. Was there on Saturday.

I've broken out some of the details I've shared on this thread and placed it in Share Your Projects

@smithtek Just played around with this and managed to get up a site (added to Dave's post above)

Not sure how practical any of these are for you, and they are not meant as criticism.

Observations:
copy and paste Ahhh! Just found Duplicate!!
Table - number of columns? (more than 2) e.g. Title/Reading/Status
Table - Value/Lamp Cell - Only 0 or 1 allowed. How about 0 and >0 (100 shows as Grey)
Any Value could be coloured Red/Amber/Green depending on value?
Edit choices/Widgets in Alphabetical order?
When Wheel stationary (0) symbol seems faint.
LED 0 Input, shows Grey
Get it looking nice, go to Live and page stretches Horizontally quite a bit
Custom Widget where Title and Icon can be set?

Overall, the Node is easy to configure and of course, familiarity might change some of the above.

Thank you

To add to the general confusion:
First, bravo to Smithtek, great product integrated well to Node Red. Easy to get up and running if you have @dynamicdave helping you.
Some observations not criticisms:
the examples still do not load
As Dave said above it would be nice if you could select numerous tables at once and say, everybody this size
Was going to say make it easier to copy but @mudwalker said above there is a duplicate, need to hunt for that
The positive, it is super easy to select inputs, bravo for that!! I have over a dozen senors so the list is quite long but still, whoever came up with that method deserves a free cup of tea.
Now for a big gripe, I wanted to change the url so I I went in to change it and it didn't seem to work. BUT, lost all my work because somebody didn't back up first. Arrggg!! Even putting the old url back didn't restore my work

If you look in each widget, or at least the ones I used, there is a Delete item and Duplicate button with the Delete item highlighted in red.

If it's where I think it is that duplicates a row, not the entire widget