Newbie Error Message

Hi All,

I have not used Node-red in some time and when i go to start node-red I get the following error, can someone point me in the right direction as to how to fix this error.

11 Aug 16:17:25 - [error] server.failed-to-start
11 Aug 16:17:25 - [error] TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'then')
    at Object.registerMessageCatalog (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/node_modules/@node-red/util/lib/i18n.js:50:24)
    at Object.start (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/index.js:123:17)
    at Object.start (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red/lib/red.js:102:36)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red/red.js:418:9

Many thanks
Jewmac

So I guess it is an old version you have installed?

Is it possible you have done since installation that could have corrupted the installation?

TBH, i would recommend a fresh install with latest versions of NodeJS and Node-RED.

If you tell use the device and operating system, we can point you in the right direction.

Thank you . Running on Mac OS 13.4.1 (Apple M1)
Node version 18.12.1

What version of node-red? You can get it from the startup log

Thank-you to all .... All Fixed.
My remedy:

rm -rf  node_modules
npm install
npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red

This allowed the system to update to the latest I lost existing flows but i was ok with this as i needed the system to work

If all you did was the above commands, then that is very unlikely. Look for flow*.json on your drive.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.