[NODE] node-red-contrib-boolean-parser

Hi,

I just created my first node these days, want to share it. I would be happy to get some feedback and reviews.

Especially it would be nice to get hints, how to solve current issues of the Scorecard. As you can see, I have tried to solve this in package.json already.

Thanks Simon

Welcome to the forum @SimonButtazzi

I don't know why you get those issues with the scorecard, hopefully someone who knows about that will chip in.

You might like to change the heading on your README. 'Telegram bot nodes for Node-RED' does not seem appropriate.
It might be worth providing an Invert option (unless it is there and I missed it). Often with, for example, GPIO outputs, 0 represents On rather than Off.

The issue with the scorecard might be this one.

Hi Colin,
thanks for the welcome.

You might like to change the heading on your README. 'Telegram bot nodes for Node-RED' does not seem appropriate.

Oh awkward, or a compliment to show where examples/templates come from. THX.

It might be worth providing an Invert option (unless it is there and I missed it). Often with, for example, GPIO outputs, 0 represents On rather than Off.

Yes, I'll take this on the feature list.

Simon

Though I can see this node could be useful, I generally just use a Change node configured like this, for example.

It is one of the few occasions when I use JSONAta

Yes, basically the node does a very simple thing. Ternary If (of course some comfort stuff around ...). Not worth writing a lot of code.

But it took me much time to find a bug in my flows last week, caused by malfunction of a manual conversion. Due to the highlevel display of node red and therefore intransparency (in my eyes) of such simple things, I had to find a handy, transparent, compact and robust solution for me.

And it was a nice finger work to get more into node-red.

1 Like

Yes, certainly, I was not suggesting it was a waste of time.

Here you go: Inverting inputs is available with v1.3.1 now.

Simon

1 Like