🎉 Node-RED 3.1.2 Released

We've just released Node-RED 3.1.2

This includes a couple of fixes for items highlighted in 3.1.1

• Having added better validation of some core node properties in 3.1.1, we've relaxed them a bit to cope with older nodes better.
  • A hang was identified when using nested groups within a subflow

We also have some Chinese and French translation updates.

Thanks to all who contributed.

4 Likes

Working well for me, thanks.

In fact the validation found a previously unnoticed error, I had a node configured with a non-existent environment variable which was not picked up previously. It was only in some test flows so didn't actually matter, but it might have done.

The context menu looks weird. I don't use it much, so I can't say if this started in 3.1.2.

Agreed - investigating

1 Like

My fault. I merged some contributed translations, but missed the fact they added new messages to the catalog without adding them to the en-US catalog. I should have spotted that in review.

Will get 3.1.3 done.

2 Likes

@knolleary, regarding the info you requested in the now-closed topic...

Before running the Pull again I saw:

"Id": "sha256:eafff433901ed309da554cf73db77c4c2a77db33f280d8d3002ce66186590475",
    "RepoTags": [
        "nodered/node-red:latest"

After running the Pull again I see:

"Id": "sha256:307022eae8f84dfa0fc9ae80836a35dcd8383cf8be801fdb7093800c86347841",
    "RepoTags": [
        "nodered/node-red:latest"

I still see 3.1.0:

7 Dec 13:13:21 - [info] Node-RED version: v3.1.0
7 Dec 13:13:21 - [info] Node.js  version: v16.20.2

In the log at startup and in the editor side panel even though Docker went through the normal downloading and installing of many "chunks".

Maybe there's something limiting in my start command? Here it is:

alias NR-startdaemon='docker run -e NODE_RED_ENABLE_SAFE_MODE=false -d --user $(id -u):$(id -g) --group-add tty --group-add uucp -v /etc/shadow:/etc/shadow:ro -v /etc/passwd:/etc/passwd:ro -v /etc/group:/etc/group:ro -v /home/steve/:/home/steve/ -v /data/node-red:/data -v /run/udev:/run/udev:ro --network=host --restart unless-stopped -e TZ=America/Boise --name nodered nodered/node-red'

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.