Node-red-contrib-tcp-client how to stop communication

Hey guys, I have a tcp-client node working perfectly to receive messages from the smart meter.

Now I want to be able to stop the communication. I tried several ways, but didn't succeed.
Tried msg.enabled, msg.action and msg.Action set at "Close", but nothing seem to work.

Anybody know a way to stop communication?

You could add a node-red-contrib-simple-gate after the tcp node, and open or close the gate to allow or block messages.

@Colin , yes thought of that too in a function node that is, but I want the communication stopped all together if possible.

I don't see any way to do that. Why does it matter?

@Colin , not really in fact, just think about performance of RPI by switching off alltogether.

What message rate is coming in and are they large? What sort of Pi is it?

1 msg every sec. on RPI 3B+, it's telegram in this case of the smart meter. I intend to make that happen on all communications I have.

Don't worry about it then. If it were 1000 a second then it might be worth considering.

@Colin .The simple-gate solution is a nice solution. I use it now even at other places also. Thanks! :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.