Node red crashing after installing of an additional feature

Hi everybody,

node red is running as a service under the IOBroker here and I just installed some additional nodes for Phillips Hue. (The name was something like "node-red-contrib-hue")

After the Installation finished fine I dragged a "hue" node into the Workspace and node-red lost connection to the server afterwards. It does not come back online, so I guess it broke.

IoBroker is still running and showing error Messages:

14 Apr 10:46:25 - [error] Api Error: Unexpected response status; 404 at requireStatusCode200 (/opt/iobroker/iobroker-data/node-red/node_modules/node-hue-api/hue-api/httpPromise.js:100:15) at _fulfilled (/opt/iobroker/iobroker-data/node-red/node_modules/q/q.js:787:54) at /opt/iobroker/iobroker-data/node-red/node_modules/q/q.js:816:30 at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (/opt/iobroker/iobroker-data/node-red/node_modules/q/q.js:749:13) at /opt/iobroker/iobroker-data/node-red/node_modules/q/q.js:557:44 at flush (/opt/iobroker/iobroker-data/node-red/node_modules/q/q.js:108:17) at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:78:11)

Any chance to uninstall the broken node and get the instance back online?

Thanks for help!

Best regards

You probably need to restart Node-RED in safe mode. There are instructions in the docs but I've no idea whether they will work under ioBroker.

The other alternative would be to manually edit your flow file to remove the added node and hope that is enough. Copy the file first so you can recover if needed and restart Node-RED after.

Yes, there is an option to start node-red in safe mode. It crashes anyway.
I'm not sure if the node in the flow-file is the Problem or the node beeing installed itself. (I Installed it via pallette manager)

Is there a way to uninstall the package by console?
(Edit: found the flow-files - as they are THAT big, I can't find the node itself. I haven't even entered a name...)

Post the full command window output you get when starting in safe mode please, including the command enterred.

Assuming that iobroker uses a normal node-red setup then you should be able to go into the node-red folder and run
npm remove node-red-contrib-hue
If you are not certain of the name then look in the node-red/node_modules folder and you should see it there as a folder.

Yes, you need to find the folder containing your flow file :slight_smile:

On a standard installation, it would be in ~/.node-red - in other words, a folder called .node-red under the home folder of the user running node-red. Not sure if ioBroker does anything different since Node-RED does allow it to be in different locations.

Actually, I think the clue may be in the error msg you listed. The node appears to be installed under /opt/iobroker/iobroker-data/node-red/

So something like this may work:

cd /opt/iobroker/iobroker-data/node-red
npm remove node-red-contrib-hue

Then restart Node-RED.

1 Like

yeah, that worked.
Node-red came up even before finishing the command.

Thanks alot for the quick help - you safed my weekend. The last backup is 3-4 Weeks old :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.