Node RED don´t start

Hello, sorry I'm new to node red and I'm not getting the program to start, could you help

C:\Users\jose_>node-red
17 Aug 11:12:11 - [info]

Welcome to Node-RED

17 Aug 11:12:11 - [info] Node-RED version: v3.0.2
17 Aug 11:12:11 - [info] Node.js version: v16.16.0
17 Aug 11:12:11 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.19043 x64 LE
17 Aug 11:12:13 - [info] Loading palette nodes

C:\Users\jose_>

how will you see when starting after loading the palettes it exits node red again and does not connect to the server

Welcome to the forum.

Try:

node-red-start

it doesn't recognize that command, i'm using windows 10

Hi @joal91 and welcome, how did you install Node-RED on windows? you can follow this steps: Running on Windows : Node-RED

My apologies, I didn't see that!

Hi, I don't know how you installed Node-RED on Windows, but if you are familiar with Docker, I would suggest running Node-RED under Docker. It works beautifully!

Except that adds a lot of complexity for little gain in most cases and Docker desktop for Windows is not free except for individual use. So depends on the use-case.

node-red works perfectly well on Windows, it just doesn't benefit from Dave's excellent Debian-based setup script. So you need to know how to run things.

Oh, I never tried installing Node-RED on Windows directly since I was overwhelmed by the process. For me, Docker is perfect because it is easy to install (assuming Docker is already installed) and I don't have to worry about different Node.js versions. Also great if you (have Docker already installed and) just want to experiment some things and want it easy to be cleaned up later.

But yes, if you aren't familiar with Docker and need to install it, it would be way too heavy.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.