NODE-RED- Error messages

"Error: Cannot find module 'fs-extra'"

"Error stopping node: TimeoutError: timed out after 15000ms"

Why this errors occur while using node red?

Hi @Geeta

with so little information it is nearly impossible to say, other than the obvious "something can't find the fs-extra module" and "a node has not stopped properly and had to be timed out".

Can you provide more details around where those errors have been hit? What version of Node-RED are you using? What version of node.js?

Thanks@ knolleary

Node-Red Version: V0.19.4

I want to establish serial communication between Raspberry Pi and Energy Meter using Node-Red.
I am new to this so unable to do this.

If you have any idea regarding this, please let me know.

Can you share the log output surrounding these errors? Without more details of where/when you hit the errors we cannot help.

please go through attached error snapshot

When you hover over any of those errors it will highlight the node that logged it.

Please also look at the node-red log output - not just the debug sidebar - to see what it says.

NODE_RED : log output

Generally it is easier to copy and paste text then provide a photo of your screen.

So, you can now see both errors are coming from the modbus related nodes you have installed:

• modbusSerialConfig
  • modbus-io-config

What module did you install to get those nodes? Your question needs to be directed to the author of those nodes as it will be a bug with them.

I have installed Node-Red V0.19.4

You must have installed something else to get the modbus nodes - they are not nodes that node-red provides itself.

Yes. I have installed "node-red-contrib-serial-modbus" from Node- Red "Manage Palette"

So hopefully the author of that module may be able to provide some more help here - although I'm not sure if he reads this forum. You could raise an issue against that module on github here: GitHub - tyrrellsystems/node-red-contrib-serial-modbus: This node is now maintained from @leifnel's fork

Sure. I will do that.