Node Red Filter an Event > node settings needed

Hello.

I'm a beginner of Node-Red and I just a little help here.

I have a power monitor node with the two events below. After this node I created a message with cast node. Actually I get two messages from the power monitor node, when it's start and when it's stopped. But I just need a "signal" when it's stopped (event: "stop").
How can I filter this so that my message became active when the event: "stop" appears?

I tried switch node without success. Could somebody help me?

regards Harry

See below for reference, but in short - copy the path to the event property, paste it into a switch node property, check that it == stop

There’s a great page in the docs that will explain how to use the debug panel to find the right path to any data item.

Pay particular attention to the part about the buttons that appear under your mouse pointer when you over hover a debug message property in the sidebar.

BX00Cy7yHi

https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/messages

As a new user, I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Thanks for links, I'll watch it later :wink:

the switch node looks now:

but now I don't get any event through?

Put msg.payload.event in the top "property" field

In the list, add an == entry set for az string with stop in the value field.

Also, read the built in help and watch the videos as this kind of thing is covered there.

Looks good now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.