Node-red on VMware ubuntu server websocket not working

Hi Everyone. i am running a ubuntu server version 20. Installerd node-red. The GUI is working en flows created. however im not able to create a websocket for instance with the samsung tv module. it gives me the error below:

27 Aug 17:02:09 - [info] Starting flows 27 Aug 17:02:09 - [info] Started flows 27 Aug 17:08:44 - [red] Uncaught Exception: 27 Aug 17:08:44 - Error: Error send Key at /home/user/.node-red/node_modules/samsung-tv-control/lib/samsung.js:55:23 at WebSocket. (/home/user/.node-red/node_modules/samsung-tv-control/lib/samsung.j s:289:17) at WebSocket.emit (events.js:400:28) at Receiver.receiverOnError (/home/user/.node-red/node_modules/ws/lib/websocket.js:951:13) at Receiver.emit (events.js:400:28) at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:106:8) at emitErrorCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:74:3) at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:82:21) nodered.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE nodered.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'. nodered.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 6.

However when i run it from a windows machine the websocket is succesfully created.

Hi, this was asked and answered in github issues but to save anyone else looking into this...

The error is coming from a samsung-tv-control node.

My guess is the VM cannot reach your TV (network setup issue) and is crashing node-red. This is an issue with that node not correctly catching this error and you should raise an issue on the repository for the author to fix.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.