Node-RED Self Restart

Welcome to the forum @MattL0.

Do you mean a button on the node-red dashboard? If so you can easily add a button and feed it to your exec node.

I am not sure what you mean by that. What log?

Thank you. Sorry i meant logo **

No I meant directly on the admin ui

You need to read through the latest generation of the settings.js file, you will find something in there that lets you set a URL.

In fact, as I've just broken off for the Christmas Break, I may share my latest settings.js file because I've done an improved layout with better comments. So keep an eye out for another thread in the forum.

2 Likes

If you need to supply a password, you can use the sudo -S option:
echo user | sudo -S sudo reboot now

Alternatively, you can configure an askpass helper by setting the SUDO_ASKPASS environment variable or modify /etc/sudo.conf.

I wonder if it is possible to chain node-red stop with sudo halt on Raspberry Os?

Why would you want to do that? If you are running Node-RED under systemd, shutting down the Pi will cleanly shut down Node-RED for you. Actually, I think node-red will cleanly shut down even if running manually since I seem to remember that is a feature of node.js. Test that theory though before relying on it :grin:

Hey, thanks for the information! The reasoning was to have the persistent storage written to disk, I wasn’t sure that shutting down the system directly would accomplish that.

Yes, I believe so, it should flush on close. You could always test it by setting the timeout to something long and then update a variable and close node-red straight away if you wanted to.

Hey, it seems that you are right, shutting down the rpi through the Shutdown RPi node writes the global values to filesystem before shutting down the RPi.

1 Like

Phew, I thought I'd seen that but always good to have it verified :grin:

Thanks.