📆 Node-RED sessions at OpenJS World

Next week is OpenJS World - our parent foundation's annual conference.

As with many events in the current times, it's an entirely virtual conference and better yet - completely free to attend (but you do have to register first).

I wanted to highlight a couple pieces of Node-RED content during the event that you may be interested in.

Node-RED Office Hours - Monday, June 22nd, 15:00-18:00 BST

This is part of the Collaborator Summit that wraps around the main OpenJS World event.

In the agenda, it's described as a 'Creating nodes workshop' - but we're going to run it as an open office hours session. An opportunity to come along and chat with Dave and me (via Zoom) directly. We won't have a specific agenda - drop in as and when you want.

Talk: Low-Code for the Node.js Developer - Tuesday, June 23rd, 17:10-17:40 BST

This is a talk I'm giving around what low-code programming is and why its relevant to Node.js developers. I'll be covering what a node really is and a number of important design principles to apply when creating them.

Register for free now!

To attend either session, or any of the other great talks, you'll need to register first. Make sure you include the collaborator summit option when you register if you want to attend Monday's session.

Hope to chat with some of you there!

8 Likes

Will the office hours on Monday also be recorded? Or just the talks?

The talk for Tuesday is already recorded... Had to do that last week and is why beta.2 took a couple days longer to arrive :astonished:. I don't immediately know if/when they plan to make it available afterwards - I assume so.

Monday's session is more of a live working session. I don't think it's set up to record - its intended to help facilitate collaboration there and then. Will see what can be done. But I'd encourage you to join if you can (I realise it's a bit short notice) - otherwise Dave and I won't have anything to talk about.

I feel with you. I had to record 3 talks in the last couple of weeks and that always took way longer than I expected.

According to the homepage, the keynotes seem to be recorded FAQ | LF Events

I will try to join on Monday! Looking forward to it

hope to see some of you online !

I guess that the zoom link will be shared in this shed system?

If you are registered then I believe you should receive an email with a link to the qiqochat platform they are hosting the collab summit on.

You won't be able to join the zoom call if you are not registered.

I have registered (also for the collaborator summit), but only got the confirmation email.

If you are registered, you should be able to sign in here - https://collabsummit.qiqochat.com/

Once in, follow the link through to today's event and then into the Node-RED workshop.

thanks, unfortunately, it doesn't work. I have sent them an email. More than having a confirmation email which clearly states that I have registered for both events, I don't know :stuck_out_tongue:
Why must these things always be so complicated (for another conference I was attending you had to register in 4, yes 4, systems)

1 Like

To join the OpenJS Collaborator’s Summit circle on QiqoChat, please follow these steps:

1. Visit https://collabsummit.qiqochat.com/
  2. Click “Sign In”
  3. Create a new account using your registered email address
  4. Click “Join”
  5. Check your inbox for a Welcome Message & Email Confirmation Request
  6. Click the link to confirm your email address
  7. On the email confirmation page, click “OpenJS Collaborator’s Summit 2020” to enter

It seems that I just had to wait a little for the system to let me in, now it is working :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.