Node-RED stability

Hi all.
new to Node-RED, I found the way to send messages with Telegram when a S7 tag is true.

It works fine, but after a while node-RED looks to crash and I got the following messages into the console:

21 Oct 04:52:45 - [red] Uncaught Exception:
21 Oct 04:52:45 - Error: read ECONNRESET
    at TCP.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:209:20)

I am using Windows2016 ServerDatacenter updated.
node and npm are the following:
v14.18.1

Any hints where to look for?
Thank you.

I'd try disabling the node your using to send messages to Telegram and see if the errors go away

Which telegram node are you using? Do you have other nodes deployed? How long before it happens - is that based on number of messages sent or time?

My guess is the S7 node is the issue not telegram. What S7 nodes are you using? node-red-contrib-???????

Go to its repository and read the open and closed issues - I believe this is not an uncommon issue with S7 nodes.

The truth is a contrib node should never crash node-red. Node-red is incredibly stable but if the node creators don't correctly handle errors they can bring node-red down

I am using node-red-contrib-s7, and probably it is the issue. I took a look to issues in git and found a similar problem. I am going to try to use the older node-red-contrib-s7comm and see if it will work stable.

I will keep you updated for sure!

Thank you.

It looks node-red-contrib-s7 has issue when connection is not always good as well in my case, where the connection is done to a PLC behind an 3G router.

node-red-contrib-s7comm looks to be more stable and looks working after a couple of days.

Thank you for the hints.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.