Node updates fail using Manage Palette

I am trying to update my nodes and something appears to have broken! Don't think it is anything I have done, but then again, I can be very dangerous...

In the attached log, I was trying to update Dashboard, but I also tried to update others with the same results (i.e. ftp, telegrambot).

Attached is the logfile for the update. If anyone can help resolve this so that I don't need a clean install, I would be very pleased!!

2022-11-02T12_20_25_326Z-debug-0.log (9.9 KB)

EDIT:
RPi 4 running Buster (NOT Ubuntu 20.04!)

Starting as a systemd service.
2 Nov 12:32:36 - [info]
Welcome to Node-RED
===================
2 Nov 12:32:36 - [info] Node-RED version: v3.0.2
2 Nov 12:32:36 - [info] Node.js  version: v16.18.0
2 Nov 12:32:36 - [info] Linux 5.10.103-v7l+ arm LE
2 Nov 12:32:38 - [info] Loading palette nodes
2 Nov 12:32:41 - [info] Dashboard version 3.1.7 started at /ui
2 Nov 12:32:42 - [info] Settings file  : /home/pi/.node-red/settings.js
2 Nov 12:32:42 - [info] Context store  : 'memoryOnly' [module=memory]
2 Nov 12:32:42 - [info] Context store  : 'storeInFile' [module=localfilesystem]
2 Nov 12:32:42 - [info] User directory : /home/pi/.node-red
2 Nov 12:32:42 - [info] Projects directory: /home/pi/.node-red/projects
2 Nov 12:32:42 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/

From the log file (in future just paste it here please, or the relevant sections, rather than linking)
verbose stack Error: ENOTEMPTY: directory not empty, rename '/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-node-email' -> '/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/.node-red-node-email-eJQ2YdZ0'

This is an error that has been seen occasionally recently, it is something to do with npm but it is not clear what triggers it. Delete the directory '/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/.node-red-node-email-eJQ2YdZ0' and try again. If you get any more errors like that then again just delete the directory.

1 Like

Thank you Colin. That did the trick.

I did see that comment in the file, but as I know less than nothing about npm I was really loathe to delete it in case I cause further problems. As for relevant sections, I really didn't understand the language or what would be relevant ('silly', 'reify'??)

Noted about pasting.

Much appreciated!

Yes that can be a problem. It is often not obvious what is relevant.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.