Nrpgio Python command not running

Not sure if this is relevant, but I have noticed that the error displayed in node red shows "nrpgio" and the python script is "nrgpio.py".

image

I assume that this is just a spelling mistake in the error message, but I thought I should point it out.

No, the output you got is exactly what it should give you following the node-red code. This command is used internally by the node to do whatever it should do.

so yes, this is expected behaviour...

unrelated. Not a spelling mistake either. rpi-gpio out simply means that the rpi-gpio output node was running while sending htat message, nrgpio python command not running is referencing the error message that is given, where nrgpio is the name of the script you ran in the previous post.

hi afelix,

The output is reading nrpgio - as in pgio rather than gpio. I think I picked a bad screenshot as an example.

image

No you did not pick a bad screenshot as example :slight_smile: It's a typo bug in the node itself: https://github.com/node-red/node-red-nodes/blob/8d5ec9b3f6a456fe8bf189dbada9a0a30eb20384/hardware/PiGpio/locales/en-US/36-rpi-gpio.json#L71
That line defines the error message to be displayed in the log output.
Here's the code that throws the error: https://github.com/node-red/node-red-nodes/blob/8d5ec9b3f6a456fe8bf189dbada9a0a30eb20384/hardware/PiGpio/36-rpi-gpio.js#L145
If you look carefully you see it first does node.error, which outputs that message to the error log/debug window. Next it calls node.status, which is setting the message to the status (node), which corresponds to a message without a typo. Again, super minor issue as it is text-only in an error message, but still is one.


I can't believe I haven't asked this yet, but can you post your flow that causes this error? I wonder if the GPIO node is configured correctly. Please follow the instructions here on how to post your code: https://discourse.nodered.org/t/how-to-share-code-or-flow-json/506

Ahh right okay - as long as it was just a typo.

Here is my flow:

[{"id":"2968f5ec.06947a","type":"inject","z":"a332f9fb.e84ee8","name":"","topic":"","payload":"1","payloadType":"num","repeat":"2","crontab":"","once":true,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":230,"y":160,"wires":[["41c9cc96.ab98f4"]]},{"id":"41c9cc96.ab98f4","type":"trigger","z":"a332f9fb.e84ee8","op1":"1","op2":"0","op1type":"str","op2type":"str","duration":"1","extend":false,"units":"s","reset":"","bytopic":"all","name":"","x":400,"y":160,"wires":[["21310221.7b3afe"]]},{"id":"21310221.7b3afe","type":"rpi-gpio out","z":"a332f9fb.e84ee8","name":"","pin":"40","set":"","level":"0","freq":"","out":"out","x":600,"y":160,"wires":[]}]

As you can see it is just a super simple flow to try and test that my GitHub to Balena was pushing correctly.

(good spot - I will fix the spelling in the error message)

After having a trawl through some other threads I found this command suggested by @dceejay on this post Rpi-gpio input node "stopped"

sudo apt-get install rpi.gpio

This appears to have solved the issue and the pin is now working as it should. Thank you to everyone for your help. Would have been lost on my own!

Personally, I would be a lot more satisfied in knowing why this caused it to work again. Because

that command should have given an error if there were problems with the rpi.gpio package. This is going to keep my mind occupied at night randomly every few months I bet :stuck_out_tongue: But that's a "me" kind of problem. I'm glad this solved it for you.

Yeah it's a weird one - not sure why it stopped working in the first place. Thanks again for your help!