Optimizing Switch Nodes / OPCUA

The inject interval is different for each metric, but they are happening quite a bit for the reads. I am not using registerNode...How does that work?

Any solution to this?

I would put those single reads into one readMultiple

I already have them going through one Client Node that reads them all.

Just notes on the topic.

A subscription to the server will only read tags that change state when they change. This is done on the servers time and duty.

A read single or multiple is asynchronous which forces the server to stop the synchronous subscription handling, and go get these (asynchronous) requested tags at command. It will stop cycling the states of the tag subscriptions and go get the states called for, then resume.

Are you wanting the values from a subscription to post when they change or are you stopping the server and forcing it to respond? Doing that also interrupts the server process temporarily and may change the timing on what your getting. It is quite possible to interrupt the server so often that it cannot serve subscriptions in a timely manner.

Then also consider how many other remote systems are connecting to the OPC server that it is busy handling.

Is action READ or READMULTIPLE?

action is READ and WRITE. When I use READMULTIPLE or WRITEMULTIPLE they dont work.

Can you share just that part of flow? I can update it to use READMULTIPLE / WRITEMULTIPLE, if not then I can make small example flow.
It should improve performance and no warnings...

I added example here:
https://github.com/mikakaraila/node-red-contrib-opcua/issues/319

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.