Subflow Instance Properties is a key item on Roadmap to 1.0.
Top view description: A user can identify properties of nodes within a subflow that should be customisable on a per-subflow-instance basis. (Taken from Trello)
I want to go ahead and implement this feature, with your valuable support.
Defining the custom arguments
Defining the custom arguments names should be allowed as a editable list in the edit (sub)flow template panel.
- How editing this list will effect already existing instances?
I think removing items should drop them also in the subflow instances.
There must be a hard connection between the definition and the instances, probably.
Setting values for the custom arguments
The argument values can be set by different methods:
In the subflow instance node's edit panel, the arguments (that were predefined in the template) will be listed while allowing the user to input their values origin. The input boxes probably can be 'TypedInput' as well.
Received on run-time as a msg argument matching a custom argument name. (custom argument names might have some blacklisted ones?)
Environment variable (flow/global, by it's name being specified).
- Each custom argument can be set in it's own method independent by other arguments / instances.
- The method chosen for each argument can be selected in the edit panel of a subflow instance using special types in the TypedInput box.
Using custom arguments values by nodes that belong to a subflow
The argument values can be used by different methods:
- Add all values to the msg object.
- Set all values as flow variables.
- Only one of the method should be selected by each subflow instance.
Any inputs & thoughts would be much appreciate.