Problem Using a Button with DS18B20 Node

What sort of Pi is it?
Are you running the browser on the pi? If so does it make any difference if you shut down the browse and any other GUI apps you have open?

Raspberry Pi 4 B+. I don't have any other GUI apps. I still haven't downloaded Chrome either.

OK, should be ok on a 4. In that case I think you are right, the node is doing something silly. As I said I use owserver and the owfs node and don't have any such problems. Whether one of the other 1-wire nodes is better than the one you have tried I don't know. Possibly worth trying them. It seems that one is a dead loss.

In the node options, it has an Array checkbox. Maybe receiving them as a single array could help it?

Edit: Didn't work. Still the same.

Not surprised, ditch it and go another way.

Can I do it your way without internet connection? You mentioned a server.

You don't need internet access, owserver is a bit of software you run on the pi. There is a significant learning curve though. I would try the other ds18b20 nodes first. Or maybe start a new thread asking for advice on the best DS18B20 node to use. Refer there to this thread saying you have problems with this one.

Thanks. I'll do that.

Are there any software or other browsers that you'd recommend me to use for the user interface part?

Is there a problem with UI s/w?

Not really. Just wanted to ask since you asked if I had any other software for that.

Do you mean which browser to use or what?

Yeah, or a software, if there is any.

I haven't any experience of GUI s/w on the PI, all mine are headless servers running Raspbian Lite. I do all the node-red work with the browser on the PC.
You do realise that your problems are nothing to do with the GUI or the display or the Switch don't you? It is the fact that the sensor node is hogging the processor for seconds at a time, so when you click the switch, node red doesn't even know you have done it till the sensor node has completed.

I switched to this one:

It greatly reduced the delay for the switch.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.