[Proposal] Support of Inline Figure in Markdown Editor

An alternate proposal would be to support SVGs and perhaps to include an SVG editor in the Node-RED flow editor. This would also combine well with the popular node-red-ui-svg dashboard node and the upcoming node-red-fd-svg node.

The specifics would be:

• make it easy to include SVGs in comment nodes and in node help, e.g. where to store them, how to link them (I'm not 100% sure what that exactly entails)
  • consider bundling SVGedit svgedit | Powerful SVG-Editor for your browser with the flow editor, or perhaps better, making it an installable plug-in
  • SVGs can be displayed cheaply given that they're natively supported by browsers
  • the SVG editor is fairly large but it only needs to be loaded into the browser if the user chooses to edit an SVG via the flow editor
  • other desktop SVG editors can be used to author SVGs

I have to admit that having tried mermaid I gave up in frustration: I couldn't get it to render the kind of relationship diagram I wanted. But of course this is only one data point.

I don't believe that anything needs to be added to Node-RED to support SVG's in the help since they are already supported. You can't see them as you are editing a comment of course, only in the info sidebar.

Honestly, I would much rather see the info and help sidebars stay simple and not see further scope-creep in Node-RED's Editor. There are already simple ways to include more comprehensive help features with a node very easily.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.