Pulling readings from i2c chip into Node-Red

No small task, you need to read and understand the datasheet for this device.
Then you can work out what commands you need to send and how to interpret the data in the replies.

Good luck :wink:

I thought 1 command could give me an array of data? (when thinking about BME280)

Not really no, the complicated stuff is handled by those nodes.

Look at page 29 in that PDF to what you need to send to the BMP

I am new to i2C and have NO IDEA what i am looking at

0xF7? 0xF6?

That was kind of my point :wink:

But can you help?

The i2c node is a means of sending messages to the i2c bus, you could think of it like a wire in a flow.

It doesn't do anything more, therefore you have to know what to send to any particular device.
i2c is not a standard as such, so each device will need different commands, and reply with different data structures. This information is found in the datasheets of each device, if you are not able to understand how to implement this (and I'm not surprised :wink: its quite daunting ) then there isn't really anything I could help with.

Also I'm afraid this isn't a node red question, this thread is very old, and I'm sorry but I don't have the time to reinvent the wheel.

You could look at the source code for the BMP node to how it works, but as I said before its not a trivial task for a beginner.

We've come a bit further on the Atlas-Scientific EZO sensors over i2c in the last few years.

A user by the name of MaddyP had produced a node for communicating with all EZO devices..

Ah, never mind... I see the thread has shifted and users are asking about all kinds of different i2c enabled chips..