Quantity Level Indication in Silo

@BartButenaers , Yes, I am using node-red-contrib-ui-svg only. As I am armature, I am not able to rotate perfectly. Centre portion of Augur is rotating and moving out from the position. Center portion of Augur should rotate without moving from the actual position.

Can't really comment about how ui-svg works as I don't use Dashboard for things like that.

However, in general, your auger should be a separate <g> group in the SVG with the centre of rotation at the mid-y position. Then you could animate it independently of everything else.

@TotallyInformation ,

Yes, My auger is separate <g> group in the SVG, like this

Which one should I use other than Dashboard for animating mechanical devices?. Please guide me
Can you please point any reference implementation, from that I will implement mine?

I use uibuilder for complex tasks - but of course, it does need you to know/learn more about the details.

In particular, for things like SVG's, the last update to uibuilder lets you use a standardised data format to create them but you still need to know a fair bit about SVG structures to make things work. You will find a recent post from me where I created an SVG gauge from scratch.

Another recent post talked about a "Tech Radar" display which uses D3 as a helper library to create the visualisation (as I "borrowed" the original code from elsewhere and then tweaked it). That one doesn't actually need uibuilder at all since the data is relatively static and it can be directly loaded from a JSON file - indeed I ended up stripping out the uibuilder parts and uploaded it to a SharePoint Online site. Node-RED is used to create the JSON data.

So there are lots of things you can do if you are happy to get your hands dirty with code. Obviously though, none are as easy as Dashboard, but they do give you more flexibility.

Thanks for the info. I am reading your each post in node red. If I doubt, I will ping you

I was thinking about using a gif for that particular animation, because it cannot just be rotated around a fixed point to achieve the correct look. I did a bit of googling but couldn't find an easy solution.

1 Like

Can you share a (simplified) flow so that we can try it out. And then you can describe in detail what you have tried and what fails.

I have never tried this, but it seems doable. But if you say it doesn't work, I believe it straight away. Could you please describe a bit more in detail what the problem is? I am rather curious at the moment...

@BartButenaers , I shared my flow here https://paste.ee/p/jlMeJ,. Please view it.

Hi @hotNipi ,

I need to display the capacity of the Fermentation tank (which is an svg image).
Is it possible to keep your implementation inside the tank and it should not eclipse the image which is behind the tank level ?. Because in background the Agitator is rotating.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.