🎉 Refresh tokens in node-red-node-dropbox (Now published as v2.0.0)

Hi @Colin could you confirm if you tried Bart's fork? if so, any feedback pls?
Before submitting the PR to update Dropbox, it would be good to know if it's working for those who have tried it, and any glitches that need fixing first.

Thanks

1 Like

No, I haven't tried it, just confirmed how to install it.

2 Likes

I only update manually when I have made changes. And that's only on a hobby basis.
It runs on 3 different RPI's without any problems-

2 Likes

Ah, you are talking about running the backup routine that's shown above, and using the updated dropbox node.

That's good to hear, thanks for the feedback.

I’ve been using it for quite some time and it works perfectly. The only hiccup I had was with it downgrading when I did an update to my Rpi but once that was sorted it’s been churning out backups on the daily for weeks now. I even had to use one a few weeks ago to fix something I broke.

1 Like

For those following this topic, I have created the pull request yesterday:

4 Likes

For info, node-red-node-dropbox has now been updated to v2 :tada:

The update is a breaking change, as it uses the latest dropbox api as described in the first post in this topic, and should mean that now dropbox is a viable option for node-RED users to store their data.

Many thanks to @BartButenaers for his patience and time in creating this important update.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.