Rfxcom palette will not install

I am trying to install Node Red now on Windows. But it seems that isnt working either. I floowed the steps on teh website as I couldnt remember how I did it first time. Looking at the powershell log, it doesnt look as if its installed. I also checked my C:\program files, no Node Red.
Also, is there a quicker way to install all the palettes I need (I have about 15 or 20)

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> node --version; npm --version
v18.16.0
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red

added 293 packages in 17s

41 packages are looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> cd\
PS C:\> node-red
node-red : File C:\Users\mkram\AppData\Roaming\npm\node-red.ps1 cannot be loaded. The file
C:\Users\mkram\AppData\Roaming\npm\node-red.ps1 is not digitally signed. You cannot run this script on the current
system. For more information about running scripts and setting execution policy, see about_Execution_Policies at
https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.
At line:1 char:1
+ node-red
+ ~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : SecurityError: (:) [], PSSecurityException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess

I don't know about the Windows install issue, but once you get node-red running, copy the file package.json from your working system to the .node-red folder, go into that folder and run
npm install

You don't have a problem installing node-red, you have a problem with the configuration of PowerShell on your Windows device.

Simply follow the instructions given to fix that issue.

I set the execution policy to unrestriced, then it started. Took a while of trying before I found the right command, I hope I dont have to do that again next time I start NR... Lets see how I get on with NR in Windows...

There are hundreds of package.json in various subfolders. At least on my iobroker node red. I opened a few to see if they would make sense but so far I dont think I've found the right one

It is the one in the working system's .node-red folder. Copy it to the .node-red folder of the new system. It contains the node requirements for the flows file that is also in that folder.

There are too many package.json files in the iobroker node red installation. There are many folders which contain package.json. I cannot see which one it would be, I opened quite a few but none looked as if it was the right one. There is one in C:\ioBroker\node_modules\node-red

It looks wrong though as I have about 20 palettes installed

This is whats in the package.json

{
    "name": "node-red",
    "version": "3.0.2",
    "description": "Low-code programming for event-driven applications",
    "homepage": "http://nodered.org",
    "license": "Apache-2.0",
    "repository": {
        "type": "git",
        "url": "https://github.com/node-red/node-red.git"
    },
    "main": "lib/red.js",
    "scripts": {
        "start": "node red.js"
    },
    "bin": {
        "node-red": "./red.js",
        "node-red-pi": "bin/node-red-pi"
    },
    "contributors": [
        {
            "name": "Nick O'Leary"
        },
        {
            "name": "Dave Conway-Jones"
        }
    ],
    "keywords": [
        "editor",
        "messaging",
        "iot",
        "flow"
    ],
    "dependencies": {
        "@node-red/editor-api": "3.0.2",
        "@node-red/runtime": "3.0.2",
        "@node-red/util": "3.0.2",
        "@node-red/nodes": "3.0.2",
        "basic-auth": "2.0.1",
        "bcryptjs": "2.4.3",
        "express": "4.18.1",
        "fs-extra": "10.1.0",
        "node-red-admin": "^3.0.0",
        "nopt": "5.0.0",
        "semver": "7.3.7"
    },
    "optionalDependencies": {
        "bcrypt": "5.0.1"
    },
    "engines": {
        "node": ">=14"
    }
}

No. In the same folder as your flows and settings files. Normally that would be a folder called .node-red in your home folder.

Looking at your logs, when used with ioBroker it might be

C:/ioBroker/node_modules/iobroker/.node-red/userdata

But that just a guess. See if your flows file is there.

Yes thats where it is.
I installed all the palettes I need on my Windows NR. Imported my flows. And NR keeps crashing. But on the powershell window is a bit more information (none that I can understand though)
I will set up the pushover credentials but I dont think that is the cause

27 May 17:29:37 - [info] Starting flows
27 May 17:29:38 - [error] [ntc-node-red-pushover-notifications:Node Red] Pushover credentials have not been set up
27 May 17:29:38 - [info] Started flows
(node:17152) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 bbq1 listeners added to [RfxCom]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(Use `node --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)
(node:17152) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 temperaturerain1 listeners added to [RfxCom]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(node:17152) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 temperature1 listeners added to [RfxCom]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(node:17152) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 humidity1 listeners added to [RfxCom]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(node:17152) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 temperaturehumidity1 listeners added to [RfxCom]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(node:17152) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 temphumbaro1 listeners added to [RfxCom]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(node:17152) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 thermostat1 listeners added to [RfxCom]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(node:17152) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 rain1 listeners added to [RfxCom]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(node:17152) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 wind1 listeners added to [RfxCom]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(node:17152) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 uv1 listeners added to [RfxCom]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
Shelly gen1 server is listening on port 20001
27 May 17:29:38 - [error] [daikin-controller:AC Lounge Speed] Could not get basic info: Error: Error while communicating with Daikin device: ECONNRESET
27 May 17:29:38 - [red] Uncaught Exception:
27 May 17:29:38 - [error] TypeError: myenergi.getStatusEddiAll is not a function
    at GetEddiAll._inputCallback (C:\Users\mkram\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-myenergi\getEddiAll.js:14:44)
    at C:\Users\mkram\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\@node-red\runtime\lib\nodes\Node.js:210:26
    at Object.trigger (C:\Users\mkram\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\@node-red\util\lib\hooks.js:166:13)
    at GetEddiAll.Node._emitInput (C:\Users\mkram\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\@node-red\runtime\lib\nodes\Node.js:202:11)
    at GetEddiAll.Node.emit (C:\Users\mkram\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\@node-red\runtime\lib\nodes\Node.js:186:25)
    at GetEddiAll.Node.receive (C:\Users\mkram\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\@node-red\runtime\lib\nodes\Node.js:485:10)
    at Immediate.<anonymous> (C:\Users\mkram\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\@node-red\runtime\lib\flows\Flow.js:831:52)
    at processImmediate (node:internal/timers:476:21)

It is a bug in that node. It has been recently updated so hopefully, if you add an issue on the node's GitHub page it will be addressed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.