Search UI: shows X/Y

I get periodical XY coordinates. I wish to have an image in the dashboard that shows me that points. (Optional draw a line to follow the history)
A node should receive the coordinates and draw an Image that (optiona) auto-focus on the coordinates. I do not need any text or values on it simply the dots or the line from dot to dot.

Is there a way to do that?

Did you search first?

There is an example in the worldmap node that demonstrates something similar...

Yes I did.
The Problem is here I do not have GPS coordinates I have simpel X/Y both from -1000 to +1000 and I do not need an OSM map.

For me it sounds like chart with linear axis in both direction.
See this thread How to draw xy charts?

2 Likes

And it only took you 16 hours to supply those additional details :slight_smile:

Charting does sound more applicable now.

Thanks @hotNipi I was not aware, that I could change the time line to a value I wish.

This was really helpful. I combined this with the ability to add data to an array from here:

Is there a limit how huge an array could be?

A 20 sec search of internet reveals...

the maximum length of an array according to the ECMA-262 5th Edition specification is bound by an unsigned 32-bit integer due to the ToUint32 abstract operation, so the longest possible array could have 232-1 = 4,294,967,295 = 4.29 billion elements

Thanks.
That's nice, I was not sure if any rule for javascript also works for nodered. That way, if I add all sec 15 character to an array I have to be sure that I reset at least all 3314days. That's no problem. I will reset the array weekly.

By the way, node-red is my first touch with coding. Until running noderd I only have som experience with CMD.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.