Sequence automation

Hi all,

I am pretty new and still exploring NR automation approaches. Hope I am right here raising some noob questions?

I want to realize the following light automation:

If night (simple KNX Status) and light 2 is on and afterwards light 3 is turned on, turn light 4 on for 5 minutes and then torn off light 4 again.

For me the order is important, it should not turn on light 4 if first light 3 is on and afterwards light 2 becomes activated.
Night status should always be the basic requirement for the logic.

How can I realize that?
Do you have some hints for me?

Thanks in advance

Hi, welcome to the forum.

There are likely a few approaches. Here is one way:

1. store KNX status in flow context variable named "KNXStatus" (use a change node)
  2. store light 2 status in flow context variable named "light2" (use a change node)
  3. When new status for "light 3" arrives, use switch nodes to check "flow.KNXStatus == night" and "flow.light2 == on"
    • set up a trigger node to send "on" then wait 5 mins then send "off"

NOTE: several assumptions were made since you did not detail what values they are when on/off

If any of that does not make sense to you, then perhaps a little time with the videos will help:

I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Additionally, there are example flows for most nodes in CTRL-I -> examples