SIMATIC IOT 2040 - Node Red - Photoelectric Omron Sensor

Hi everyone!

I wrote a forum entry 2 weeks ago about the installation of nodes in my iot2040 with an input/output module. I solved that and how to do it and thank you everyone @Colin, @yoba, @iiot2k.
Now i got a problem that it's out of my knowledge (i'm new at this and i'm learning).

This is my IOT2040 with the input/otput module. (this one :point_down:)

I got a photoelectric barrier sensor. (this one :point_down:)

I need to put it in a production line and see the data when something cross it.
I'm using the node "simatic_iot2000" connected to a debug module and i don't receive a 1 when something cross it, i ttried all the digital pins but it doesn't work

The input button that is connected to the function and to mqtt, it's connected to my PC's node-red which is connnected to my data base. If a press that button a "tick" is written in the database.
Maybe i got something wrong in the installation or my hardware it's broken or i need to do some step that i didn't do.

I tried with other node that it's called "node-red-contrib-IoT2000-gpio" and mine is "node-red-contrib-iot2000-gpio". But both it doesn't work for me.

Thank you everyone,

Best regards,
Manuel

Hi Manuel,

What embedded board do you use? is it 6ES7647-0KA01-0AA2 or 6ES7647-0KA02-0AA2?
Make sure your wiring is correct. Another important factor: what is the input type from barrier sensor? NPN (Sinking) or PNP (Sourcing)? depending on your sensor, the wiring will be different.
Please refer to manual here for further details.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.