Sort buffer message by extension

Hi, i'm newbe in node red and i've question about buffer parser.
I'm use node-red-contrib-ftp for get motion alerts from NVR.
I'm get two messages with picture and video from msg.payload : buffer Can you please advice how can i sort this messages to two output by file extension.
Thanks in advance.
buffer

Hi & welcome to the forum.

this is quite a basic node-red thing - and as you have already said, you are new to node-red. I will give you a hint below but first, I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

So the red part of the debug message is the topic & as you can see it ends with .h264 or .jpg - use a switch node to determine which msg is which.

PS, buffer parser is more for converting a buffer or array of values (e.g. from a sensor or PLC or modbus device into usable number/string types - not for image buffers (it can but you dont really want this here))

Thank you Steve.
You guide about Understanding and Using The Node-Red Message Object was helpful for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.