Sorting MySQL-Payload Data for Apex-Charts using JSONata

Hey everyone! I'm trying to use JSONata to get a MySQL-Payload in the right format to display that data with ApexCharts. I'm quite new to Node-Red and not sure if my task is probably too complex for JSONata.

Here's an extract as an example of what I get from the MySQL-Database: https://try.jsonata.org/FrXQ2bR5j

And that's what the JSONata output should look like:

[
	{
		"name": "WR1",
		"data": [
			[1459060500000,317],
			[1459060800000,194],
			[1459061100000,364]
		]
	},
	{
		"name": "WR2",
			[1459060500000,721],
			[1459060800000,472],
			[1459061100000,888]
		]
	},
	{
		"name": "Total",
			[1459060500000,1038],
			[1459060800000,666],
			[1459061100000,1252]
		]
	}
]

For each "WR"-number (it's actually solar inverters), I would like to get a data-object containing arrays of all timestamps followed by the "PAC"-value (inverter ac power). In addition there shall be added another data-object "Total" which also contains all individual timestamps followed by the sum of the "PAC"-value of all "WR" (solar inverters).

I did already fiddle around with the JSONata syntax for about two days but I just don't get there.

Try

$append(
   $each(
       $$.payload{    $string($.WR): [$.[$.timestamp, $.PAC]] },
       function($v,$k) {  {"name":"WR" & $k, "data": $v} }
   ),
   $$.payload{
       "name":"total",
       "data":$each(
           {$string($.timestamp): $sum([$.PAC])},
           function($v, $k){        [$number($k), $v]    }
       ) 
   } 
)
1 Like

Wow, that works exactly as intended and it looks quite complicated. I wasn't even close with my attempts. :smiley:

Thanks a lot!!

I now try to understand this pattern as it seems that JSONata is genious if you know how to use it properly.

It uses group by to group the wr data, then uses $each() to convert the grouped wr in to the array of objects. It then uses group by to group timestamp data, then $each() to sum the PAC and output a object, both are then appended to each other using $append().

I did test single elements of the solution and now it makes a lot more sense and gives a better understanding of what each part actually does. I just found that you did add a "$." in front of each variable later on which actually doesn't change anything in the output. Is there a reason why it is "better" to have those included? I know that the dollar signs are required if you have an array at the top level to be able to access the data.

Makes no difference most of the time, just reminds me what scope the variable is in.
For example if you are in a map/loop you can not reference msg.payload with payload you need to add $$. to front.
While learning it took me aqes to realise that var scope mattered, and I often could not figure why things did not work, then i started adding $ or $$ scope and i found Thing started working, which previously did not. This led me to a better understanding of JSONata variable scope.

1 Like

Good to hear it's not just me who finds this a little confusing. I also started to play around with them and see what I get. But it's more like try and error :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the great help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.