Split sensor readings

I am getting transmitter data as below.

Temperature Channel 1: C: 29.68Temperature Channel 2: C: 29.43Temperature Channel 3: C: 31.12

Can someone please guide me how can i separate these three readings? I want to create chart with three separate readings ( i.e. 29.68 , 29.43 , 31.12)? All three temperature readings are coming from one transmitter (NCD io).

I am collecting data locally on my laptop using NCD Mega modem & NCD 3 channel thermocouple sensors.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @PinPat.

Please feed the data you are receiving into a debug node and show us what you get. Then we will more exactly what is there.

If you are a complete beginner I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot more in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Also have a good look at the node red doc Working with Messages which should help to answer your specific question.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick response. I will go through playlist now.

Meanwhile dedug is giving me below code.

sensor_data : msg.payload : Object

{ channel_1: 30.43, channel_2: 29.62, channel_3: 30.12 }

If it's an object, you should be able to use a 'change node' or a 'function node' to extract the data.

Here's an example for 'channel_1'.

Screen Shot 02-24-21 at 08.27 AM

Screen Shot 02-24-21 at 08.27 AM 001

Screen Shot 02-24-21 at 08.27 AM 002

1 Like

Thanks @dynamicdave . Magic worked.

That was a simple, yet elegant solution. Thanks for sharing!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.